am playing witham playing with

Weekly Community Call

Join us every Wednesday on discord.citizenwallet.xyz

🌎 8am PST, 10am CDT, 11am ET

🌍 4pm GMT, 5pm CET

🌏 9:30pm IST, 10pm SGT, 12am WITA

  • Updates
  • Roadmap
  • How to get involved?
  • Open conversation

Meeting notes

2024

12 june

Present

  • Kevin
  • Xavier
  • Chuck
  • Scott
  • Jonas

Agenda and notes

  • Governance proposals
  • Setup
  • Who can vote
  • Notion website proposal currently on citizenwallet.net
  • Dev updates -> New UI live
  • Project priorities

5 june

Present

  • Julien
  • Been involved with Jupiter in the past
  • Used the NFC wallet at CELO Gather
  • PJ
  • Jonas
  • Kevin
  • Scott
  • Chuck

Agenda

Notes

  • Working on blog post of Berlin: notion.so/citizenwallet/Implementing-NF…         
  • Scott still in Berlin, will go to Commons Hub in Austria to help clean up
  • Kevin: working on supporting NFTs with the NFC Wallet and enable anyone to create an NFT and dispense it to an NFC tag
  • Need to start working on a better website to attract local currencies.

29 may

Present

  • Xavier
  • Kevin
  • Jonas
  • Chuck

Event feedback

  • How to make the reward system more collective
  • Pay it forward?

Agenda/ notes

  • Regen village ( 5 weeks)
  • Jonas Boury Ordering wristband
  • Order hackathon on Iot / web 3
  • Find IoT koffiemachine

        -> should be a showcase for Citizen Wallet

        -  Tools for the community to manage their commons

  • Update Open hardware
  • Experimenting with kiosk
  • How can we make an unattended device to charge or distribute tokens
  • kevin@techi.be to add filtering based on account address to show list of transactions for specific address.
  • Reports

Notes

22 May

Present

  • Jonas
  • Xavier
  • Scott
  • Nicolas -> made celo keychains at the fablab
  • PJ
  • Kevin

Agenda

  • Wolugo on hold
  • SFLUV
  • POS app development
  • Update square integration?
  • Event organisations
  • Breadchain -> presentation to citizen Wallet
  • Prefer no NFC actually 🙁
  • Decide if we want to move in that direction

Notes

15 May

Present

  • Xavier
  • Chuck
  • Mantrez (0xTrxz)
  • Jonas

Agenda

  • US fiscal host

Notes

We could use the NFC wallet as a way to bring revenue in.

Mantraz, working with Kevin, local currency for Kansas city.

Bank note in Japan where every user has to sign it.

Berkshire local currency is still running.

They tried but then stopped trying a digital version.

University of Misouri

S4. - Ep. 14 Community Currencies with Scott Morris

8 may

Present

  • Xavier
  • Kevin
  • Scott
  • PJ
  • Chuck
  • Jonas

Agenda

  • Citizen wallet pricing
  • Overview of notion
  • Leads
  • Community token documentation
  • Projects
  • Tasks
  • Features
  • Call for citizen wallet governance and funding distribution based on own token
  • Funding updates
  • Celo RPGF application completed
  • Distributing some work

Notes

Scott: Berlin: co-housing? (Scott there from May 13-20 at Moos, then no idea)

PJ: Event on Saturday, went pretty well. 570 SFLuv, 300 got redeemed, 250 got spent. 501c3 got approved (earlier than expected)

Chuck: Been working on fiscal sponsorship accounting stuff, accounting contact http://www.jerichasenyak.com/

Kevin:

Need a sandbox environment for people to create their test token and play with the wallet.

-> maybe to early to spend time on this as we are still really beta testing ourselves

But as citizenwallet we should not have opinion on their coin implementation or concept we just provide the tools

Cyclos: free community version, then you pay for admin users.

Current pricing

  • 100 dollars a month for community server
  • Should there be a trial: 100 dollars for three months?

-> conclusion: keep it simple for now: 100 euro per month ( good threshold to only attract committed people), target to reach 100 communities

-> Similar model of discourse

In future add tiers based on number of users

Governance need:-> focus on minimum viable governance infrastructure

  • Feature proposals and prioritization: just
  • Github repo for any form of proposals.
  • Decision follow in the community call.

        -> Jonas Boury set up the necessary tools

                Github

                Hydro dao

                Create proposal

        -> set a clear definition of when consensus in achieved

  • Contribution remunerations

-> Jonas Bouryset up a working meeting

Gitcoin: (still waiting for matching amount)

CELO: received $18k cUSD (total received $42k, still missing $8k for milestone 5), updated page on https://citizenwallet.xyz/funding/celo 

Next events

1 May

Present

  • Jeremy
  • Kevin
  • Lisa (NZ)
  • PJ
  • Scott (facilitator)
  • Xavier

Working for 5 years

Struggling: how to make a digital version? Who is going to help us?

Not a programmer. Don’t know where your data is (in Europe?).

You are on your own.

What happens if you get hacked? Where do you go?

Need support.

Agenda

  • CELO Grant
  • Crypto Wednesday (Brussels)
  • Zinne (Brussels) board
  • CELO Gather (May 24th)
  • WOLUGO (Brussels)

Notes

Need to develop the legal & financial strategy for CW relative to projects

CELO Gather conference: working document: Citizen Wallet - CELO Gather

Video walkthrough to deploy your own community server:

 

Dollar Euro Pound Alternative

Stand alone currency, not linked to NZ dollar.

Gitcoin (6 days ago)

24 April

Present

  • Kevin
  • Xavier
  • Scott
  • Phil
  • PJ
  • Chuck

Agenda

  • Gitcoin
  • RU Amsterdam - Market place
  • Raspberry Pi
  • Merchant relationship
  • Project Management - Notion Kanban

Notes

  • PJ:
  • Upping his flutter game
  • Scott:
  • Reconnecting with local node
  • Thinking about the student protests happening in the US
  • Phil:
  • Looking forward to what we can do with local money
  • Xavier proceeds to show his local currency collection
  • Gitcoin grant
  • Project Management
  • Scott needs a meeting with Xavier and Kevin so that we can have a Kanban board to go through at every community call
  • Merchant relationship
  • Payments in SFLUV for a post-graduation event
  • A fun idea would be to allow people to set a custom sound when tapping to pay
  • Rage-quit fee (cash out, tribute) >> recoup the Stripe transaction cost that you eat when you onboard people
  • Faucets
  • Celo
  • Finalizing
  • Did some recording to show onboarding, faucet, etc…
  • Couple of rough edges
  • Celo Gather
  • Power their conference with NFC wristbands
  • They are asking us to provide the wristbands ourselves
  • Event organizers want to talk to a single partner that takes care of everything
  • Keeping a wristband on for more than 2 days doesn’t feel like something people would do
  • Hesitating on the format (bracelet, card)
  • Use: 150 people, stations where you can earn (share a photo of yourself, quests, challenges, etc…), get some unique swag or an ice cream (premium things during the event).
  • Participative conference
  • People can contribute and be rewarded
  • People will experience contributing/being rewarded
  • They can live this new economy themselves during that event
  • Chuck
  • Do something mechanical
  • Involved with embedded systems
  • Raspberry Pi
  • Physical wires to connect to other modules
  • Display plugged onto it
  • NFC antenna
  • Can detect putting an nfc tag on the antenna and run whatever you want
  • Things can just happen
  • Scan and just get a soda
  • What can you do that you get credits for
  • Photo sensor on a recycle bin, every time you throw something in the bin, a little light comes on, you can scan and you get credit
  • Exercise bicycle station, you can be a power generator (art installation, charging station), get tokens for energy generated (insert proof of work joke here)
  • S&H green stamps as an example of money going both ways
  • Top up kiosk would be ideal
  • Show
  • Kiosk NFC the QR code to top up the nfc tag
  • Show the balance of the tag
  • Read the use-case doc and clarify
  • Project management

17 April

Present

  • Kevin
  • Nicolas Franka
  • Scott Morris
  • Xavier
  • PJ
  • Chuck
  • Guil

Agenda

  • Gitcoin
  • Market place

Notes

  • Scott:
  • Nicolas:
  • Kevin
  • I18n
  • Primary Color for your community
  • Migration to new community server
  • Chuck interested in hardware hacking
  • Retailers onboarding is often the issue (rather than the backend).

Nicolas:

Rome, November, gathering of community currencies

We might do some events at a local shop where we can use the SFLuv.

Scott:

Roadmapping + diagram of all the pieces.

Requirement gathering

Typology

Guil: I agree all this is necessary. If the expertise is not in the room, we have to bring it in. Looking forward to see the design implemented.

Chuck: Accessible roadmap for people who are not into it. Miro board? What format works for communication between those two styles?

Application in opencivics: Web3 accounting for fiscal sponsorship.

Weekly call with people who are doing fiscal sponsorship.

Looking forward to play with Raspberry Pi.

Kevin: looking forward to Berlin, real world use case. Need a separate call for what needs to be done. Need to publish on the app store so need time to prepare for it. We are in this phase where we need to figure out how we work together. Exciting.

PJ: Excited with the NFC wallet. Square / Toast payment system integration.

Nicolas: Love the flexibility (ecovillage, timebanks, …). Need more documentation to make it more accessible.

Scott: love connecting with you all. I’m here because I care.

CELO Gather: celopg.notion.site/NFC-Wristband-Briefi… 

10 April

Present

  • Xavier
  • Kevin
  • Chuck
  • Jonas
  • PJ
  • Scott

Agenda

  • Funding rounds
  • CELO Gather
  • ETH Berlin
  • Regens Unite Amsterdam April 20-21
  • WOLU coin
  • progress with app and platform 🚀
  • How to assign username and description for distribution done from metamask wallet
  • Workshop
  • Will be get NFC cards to work?
  • Woluwe wants at least small demo in the end

Notes

Jonas: Excited for Woluwe coin, tomorrow’s meeting should be more about brainstorming and getting ambassadors (but commune expects a demo)

Chuck: School break for 7-y/o son. Picking up an old Flutter code base. Frustrating but quite educational.

PJ: Went to a Giant game.

What proposals are in consideration?

System design session

Eth Berlin?

Fundraising working group call in discord Friday April 12th at 5pm CEST.

New channel for Celo Community Point.

Need a signature to prove that the account has some balance in the community currency (when loading the plugin).

Need a way for the community to collect email addresses (e.g. to receive tokens from the faucet).

Scott and others express the need to have more documentation around github issues, features, roadmap, etc.

Start a working group

Onbarded merchant with Square. Need a more in depth POS integration.

Won’t be ready by the 18th.

Checkout

Kevin: Moving into a new phase in terms of how we organise ourselves.

PJ: Like the idea of a more guided, more project management while keeping things flexible

Chuck: Happy to hear about the brainstorming workshop about how the circulation is going to work.

Jonas: Excited about the workshop tomorrow.

3 April

Present

  • Charlie (Moos.space, Berlin)
  • PJ
  • Chuck (Seed)
  • Jonas
  • Xavier

Agenda

  • Update Ctizen Wallet
  • Wolu coin
  • Language
  • Token contract
  • Landing page button
  • Workshop 11 aprill
  • Tips?
  • Workshop meeting ?
  • NFC cards
  • Amazon order or not ?
  • ETHberlin
  • Intentions about identity hacking?
  • Events that was interested to use NFC ? -> Celo gathering
  • Moos Hackathon
  • EuroB

Notes

  • Moos hackathon: we will know by the end of the week
  • Potential liabilities when launching a token?
  • Germany has strict regulations, thinking of launching from Switzerland
  • Like we did with OASA
  • We’ve built a contract to make sure we can’t exchange the token outside of the community
  • New community server for each community, gradually migrating
  • New developer starting next week from Sri Lanka
  • New PoS app
  • 13 citizens signed up for April 11th
  • Brussels Pay: they want an updated budget and simulations
  • SFLuv: 501c3 filed (waiting…)
  • Toast as a PoS for restaurant: working on an integration with citizen wallet
  • April 18th: festival in the tenderloin, 2 restaurants will accept the SFLuv
  • Jonas: excited to see real world transactions on the blockchain, exciting to see the Base Smart Account Wallet video
  • PJ: excited by NFC cards
  • Charlie: Experience design workshops
  • Chuck: motivation: alternative economics, get community economies going. Cross transfer integration among different entities. A critical mass is building up. Funto play with software tools that aim to make a difference in people’s life.

27 March

Present

  • Chuck
  • Kevin
  • PJ
  • Xavier
  • Jonas
  • PGO
  • Scott

Agenda

  • PJ demo
  • CELO
  • Woluwe project
  • Ordering cards
  • Name: WoluGo -> Wolu coin

  • Moos
  • Crypto Wednesday
  • Updates
  • Base

Notes

  • Tree planting project in Oakland, trying to restart it
  • Bug during demo of SFLuv
  • Schedule product call to share system design.
  • Next week new developer to join the team
  • I18n
  • Faucet: already there
  • WoluGo: how can people easily create a citizen wallet from the WoluGo website?

-> need to streamline a flow where user installs the app then opens a deep link on wolugo that opens app and woluwe plugin page that will say -> link wallet. .

  • Creating external transactions in the Square PoS (squareup.com)
  • Add tx description
  • Cant generate QR code at checkout :-(
  • Merchant could have their QR code printed and customer would just send the tokens
  • Real time notification when payment received
  • ETH Denver: Offers from local businesses. https://tokenproof.xyz 
  • Watch out on legal obligations for reporting.
  • Citizen Wallet
  • Simulator for different economic systems

20 March

Present

  • Chuck
  • Kevin
  • Xavier
  • Jonas
  • PJ
  • Pgo
  • Scott Morris

Agenda

  • Blog content is welcome

  • Commercial project
  • loyalty token for sustainable shopping
  • We can be the partner or the supplier for a subsidy request
  • Would use our back-end infrastructure but integrate in their own wallet
  • Community marketplace consortium
  • Several organisations looking for solution

  • Schedule call for design meeting (scott + Daniel)
  • Make requirements
  • Do some market research

  • Woluwe coin priorities
  • Go live of small-scale pilot
  • Open requirements
  • NFC implementation
  • Multilanguage
  • Updated UI
  • Create 1 page overview of Woluwe project
  • Event leads
  • Celo gather NFC wristband project (24 may)
  • Eth CC brussel
  • Resource overview:
  • https://airtable.com/appFfv8rbJCvEN2JQ/shrXKITZMZwFkNQxp

Notes

Chuck working on a federation of local/regional currencies

SFLuv 501c3 not before the end of the year.

Scott: teaching at local node of RefIDAO

When you are operating within a community, there is a very different trust / security assumption.

Reputation risk.

https://eips.ethereum.org/EIPS/eip-7212

Need some requirement gathering for a web3 marketplace.

See local scale https://localscale.org/market/global.jsp 

https://www.celodao.eu/gather 

PJ: Working on integration with Square

Kevin: Community Server to spin up your community and token in one server package

Scott: Wanna follow up on ETH Berlin, putting together a proposal. Local node, why, what and how?

Chuck: mostly just listening and cheering.

Jonas: working on woluwe coin

13 March

Present

  • Jonas
  • Kevin
  • Xavier
  • Chuck
  • PJ
  • G10M (Guillaume)

Agenda

  • Brussels Pay
  • Woluwe
  • London (ETH Global)

Notes

 

Demurrage from Grassroot Economics git.grassecon.net/cicnet/erc20-demurrag…

User agreement so that we can kick people out.

Guillaume: working on a discord bot to show all transactions happening.

Indexing service: https://substreams.streamingfast.io/ 

To set up notification of transactions to slack or discord

https://www.grindery.com/zapier

6 March

Present

  • Jonas
  • Kevin
  • Xavier
  • Chuck
  • PJ

Agenda

  • Dev update
  • New implementation of vouchers
  • Finalising faucet dashboard
  • ETH global hackathon
  • Implement sessions for wallets
  • You can allow devices to get wallet access for a certain amount of time or rights
  • Update PJ

Square:

From the wallet holder: scan a QR code

Merchant side:

What about store coupons?

What about paying a fraction of the invoice with SFLuv?

(what about tips?)

E.g. when you have a store coupon for $10 but the total is $15?

Chuck reporting back on his trip to Costa Rica.

Ecolodge guy interested in asset backed NFT structure to restructure his company.

Interest in digital currencies all around the world. South america has an history of local currencies pre-digital.

ReFI Costa Rica.

March 27th: https://lu.ma/eqwrjhjh 

7212 will be supported by polygon next month (to allow using Passkeys)

February 28

Present

  • Jonas
  • Chuck
  • Kevin
  • Paul
  • PJ

Agenda

  • Dev updates
  • Priorities, faucet creator: first page on the dashboard
  • Next priority: publishing own currency from the dashboard
  • PJ
  • Integrating indexer with Pay webhooks
  • Needs a meeting Kevin to fix some issues and see where he can add things
  • Some indexer issues
  • Hackathon project
  • Chuck
  • SEEDS, call/session with Will Ruddick re vouchers
  • Jonas
  • Building token issuing
  • Bike coin token - possibility for them to issue tokens. Potential collab with Wolluwe
  • Government collaboration is slow. Going from holiday to holiday
  • Would like a test token
  • Paul
  • Brussels Pay
  • €100k grant
  • pay.brussels
  • Faucets
  • Simple Faucet
  • Redeem Code Faucet
  • SDK
  • Faucet and dashboard being built out based on
  • UI
  • Design is mostly done
  • Still needs to be implemented

February 21

Present

  • Jonas
  • Kevin
  • Xavier

Agenda

  • Dev update
  • IOU implementation
  • Redeem functions

-> have a web app to make QR codes to redeem

  • What features should be in the app
  • Spend more time on documentation
  • ETH global London
  • Project topic?
  • Indexer as a services (indexing all events on digital chain)
  • (Temporary) Community Side chain (using optimism superchain)
  • IOUs for offline payments
  • Sessions: allow many devices and other third party apps to use your wallet during a certain time and spending limit
  • Bookings
  • Train
  • Stay
  • Group members
  • Workshops Woluwe
  • CI token

February 14

Present

  • Xavier (@xavier)
  • Chuck, Seattle (@chuckseattle) (going to Costa Rica)
  • Jonas
  • PJ (@pjol)
  • Paul (@pgo)

Agenda

  •  

Notes

Chuck: Going to Costa Rica and talk to people who do local currencies.

Podcast:

Here is the full interview with @Scott Morris (unedited).

-> https://riverside.fm/dashboard/editor/preview/f1df97fe-129c-4163-8dd2-a4df0380580a/65bbbb39997f898afbdd8ff2?share-token=da8d3815f24fa892797a&content-shared=recording-preview

Looking for people to help edit it 🙂

We can easily do small capsules for social media with riverside, like this one: https://riverside.fm/dashboard/editor/preview/f1df97fe-129c-4163-8dd2-a4df0380580a/65c53b9578cb4fdf9374b83d?share-token=da8d3815f24fa892797a&content-shared=recording-preview

Chuck: Importance of having a market place. Weave with local scale market place. Been working in alpha level for a few years.

3-4 templates to run a local currency.

Fiat backed currency

Mutual credit

Time bank

Gratitude

Missing the links to the actual projects mentioned, ways to deep dive.

 

Nobody is doing any transactions on the Katuah mutual credit type currencies. (These are almost all test/hobby transactions: explorer.telos.net/account/rainbowproto… )

PJ: Looking at Square Pay Terminal integration. MVP: just record the transaction that happened on the blockchain to their POS. Will still need to generate the QR code on their phone. Permissions seem very broad.

See also: developer.squareup.com/docs/terminal-ap…

Need a version to enable

Application submitted for the TrustChain Open Call #3 on Economics and Democracy: TrustChain OC3 Proposal Citizen Spring

Crypto Bar:

dao.brussels/events/cryptowednesday… 

dao.brussels/events/cryptowednesday/rep… 

 

Will, Diana Finch, OAK.community,

Lot of goodwill around CELO.

TODO

  • One pager to describe the March 27th 7:30pm-2h peer to peer learning on community currencies

February 7

Present

  • PJ
  • Chuck
  • Xavier
  • Kevin
  • Jonas

Agenda

Notes

  • SFLUV
  • Integration with square pay
  • Get a webhook to send data to square
  • No top up function yet. Intentional for now
  • Crypto wednesday
  • Bar. zinne
  • Real world situation where people play with real money for real drinks
  • Top up with Stripe for the first time
  • New web app
  • Progress & looks good
  • Plugins for onboarding and topup
  • Refused for NGI Sargasso grant
  • Brussels Pay - Innoviris
  • Pre-selected
  • Local stablecoin for brussels
  • Not a different brand. Still euros
  • Transaction fees stay in the community
  • Finance a participatory budget
  • Fossdem
  • In India, paying in QR codes everywhere
  • Scott Morris podcast
  • 1h40min. If someone knows someone who can edit it and reduce it, it would be great
  • Another podcast with Michel Bauwens
  • Next guest for talking about community currencies
  • Android backup
  • Like WhatsApp
  • End-to-end encryption
  • Saved to the hidden app folder on your Google Drive
  • UX still needs fixing in the settings section of the app
  • Confusing
  • Not clear
  • SFLUV DAO Governance
  • Get PJ unblocked on the dashboard
  • Some indexer updates to index governance contracts

January 31

Present

  • Xavier, Brussels
  • Kevin, Brussels
  • Chuck, Washington
  • Jonas, Antwerp
  • Paul, SF
  • PJ, SF

Agenda

  • Android
  • New backup system
  • Cards

Notes

  • PJ is ready to help out
  • Chuck: looks forward to Android app for experimenting with online markets
  • Paul: looking forward to getting PJ started on some stuff
  • Jonas: back from 1 week time off, curious to hear about updates. Would like to schedule a call about Woluwe project
  • Xavier: traveling. Met the people who started the LETS (SEL in french) in Wallonia. Time bank community. Got a negative answer from NGI (proposed partnership between Citizen Wallet and SFLUV). We got $1000 from Polygon infra round. Not sure what the matching will be for this.

Updates

  • 1 file to host a community server
  • Plan for PJ to start working on the dashboard
  • Next JS dashboard
  • Need wireframe session to determine what is needed to spin up a community
  • Interface to do all thinks currently done manually
  • Current default token in app when installing is gratitude app
  • Unsplittable token
  • Define a common gratitude token that everybody can mint
  • Idea is to mint 100 when you create a new wallet
  • Update on card
  • Build programmable NFC cards
  • Would be possible to have offline transactions with NFC card, vendor only needs connection from time to time
  • Card can hold private key
  • 4 kb card
  • Passive but can sign what you send it
  • Functions as a chequebook
  • Acts like a prepaid card which keeps track of remaining balance internally

January 24

Present

  • Xavier, Brussels
  • Kevin, Brussels
  • Chuck, Washington
  • Guil, Berlin
  • Paul, SF
  • “Decentralized CEO”, Atlanta, Nigeria (Greenpill) twitter.com/izzylawrence11

Agenda

  • Android
  • New backup system

Notes

  • Chuck: working on specs document and wireframes for an open collective version for web3.
  • In a DAO environment, people get tokens for contributing or occupying certain roles, proposals to remunerate various initiatives.
  • Every community currency is a DAO
  • Managing a DAO is like the Wordpress Admin interface
  • Need an entity to invoice
  • Fiscal hosts for individuals, not only collectives
  • OpenCivics is interested in fiscal sponsorship
  • Kevin: setting up a proper way for account backup in the citizen wallet. Boilerplate for a dashboard. Android, then dashboard. Then we can finally deliver on the promise of making it easy for anyone to spin up their own community.
  • Paul: Meeting tomorrow focus on community development. How do we want to define identity?
  • Chuck: focus on fiscal sponsorship: how can we generate a QR from a marketplace webapp
  • Guil: milestones for Celo design wise.The more you build, the more there is to build. It starts to get more complex. We might need more people.
  • https://fresquedelamonnaie.org/ 
  • SoundView, PWA on OP.
  • For some communities, topping up means making a request with an attachment.
  • Local Scale: how to be notified when the payment was made -> need to offer a proper SDK to implement the Citizen Wallet payment.
  • People should be able to follow a merchant account so that employees can see if payment went through (without being able to send money out).
  • Figma is open (https://figma.citizenwallet.xyz), feel free to comment on it
  • Chuck: focus on fiscal sponsorship stuff
  • Kevin: working on the android release

Heard from you about GG19

Our audience just want to create. I want to get their EVM address.

Targeting digital artists, musicians, …

Creator Collab. Incentivize, catalyst, for individuals to collaborate on a project, e.g. create together an NFT. Open Source, a wallet for your community.

Publish milestones on https://www.karmahq.xyz/ 

Arbitrum funding: jokerace.xyz/contest/arbitrumone/0x19bD… 

Need to provide an SDK to make it easy for apps/websites to issue their token / voucher.

Issue a Citizen Walelt Gratitude Token to give away gratitude from the perspective of the citizen wallet.

January 17

Present

  • Xavier, Brussels
  • Kevin, Brussels
  • Michael (nickelshine), Oakland, SF,
  • Scott Morris, France
  • Paul, SF
  • Chuck
  • …Guil second half

Agenda

Notes

Paul ‘s son in coding bootcamp, available to contribute.

We did raise some money for the SFLuv community.

SFLuv portal (wrapped USDC on polygon, need an unwrap mechanic), community specific UI.

Link accounts as a signer to the ERC4337 account.

High end restaurant in Tenderloin. $100 to 10 people each.

Portal to unwrap and send USDC to their coinbase.

Need to show merchants this is real money.

Need 200 businesses (minimum viable network).

How do you sign up merchants?

We need to be able to have separate interfaces linked to the citizen wallet.

DAO mechanic.

Heading towards a Community Server that will take care of push notifications, indexing, …

Polygon round:

Report card: reportcards.gitcoin.co/137/0x546b0bF47C… 

TX description will be able to support adding a custom reference to the transaction (to reconcile).

Idea: add a public message and metadata.

We need to think of Citizen Wallet Accounts as identities.

iOS old ipad touch bug with creating a voucher.

Scott to

Chuck: web3 prototype of open collective.

In the US: create a LLC and open a merchant account with Circle.

How does this mission evolve?

How to make decisions together?

What QR code do we have to generate to allow CW users to have the same experience than the Seed Wallet.

January 10

Present

  • Xavier
  • Kevin
  • Chuck
  • Scott
  • Jonas
  • Guil

Agenda

  • Retrospective 2023
  • What’s up for 2024?

Notes

opencollective.com/community/projects/c…

Scott:

Running out of time on the financial crisis front.

Indicators of a financial crisis between February and August.

Economic resilience through fintech and civic engagement.

Not too late to get prepared.

Kevin:

Jumped the shark to work for myself, looking to stabilize in 2024

Chuck:

Cascadia Bioregion active in connecting with other regen projects and financial connectivity with web3 tools. Optimistic about 2024 in terms of things finally starting to work.

Jonas:

Connecting more with spirituality. Doing less, explore more. Change the euro, create new currencies.

Unbox raised another $12M https://www.unboxuniverse.com/

Guil

Work on amazing projects, CW, Regens Unite in a way that is financially sustainable for me.

Jonas:

Commune of Brussels Woluwe wants to launch a currency to stimulate volunteering. People can register to volunteer. Validation process. Citizens receive tokens that can be used in the commune (e.g. swimming pool).

Pilot by end of March. 8-9 months project to validate.

Budget: €30k (€10k for Citizen Wallet, €10k for platform development, €10k for business development)

Scott: I have experienced starting a currency to reward volunteers.

Record call to share experience building a community currency.

Hero reward program. Merit badge.

Every location was able to customize their offering (so that it doesn’t cost you anything, or not much).

Avoid tax reporting.

Jonas: Why did it stop? How to keep such project going? Key stakeholders needed for such project to succeed?

Kevin: what are the factors that contributed to slowing down? What are the things that get it started?

Xavier: What were the incentives for people to join? Wanna hear from them. What were the friction points from the medium/platform/technology stand point?

Guil: What were the main pitfalls? Don’t do this, do this.

Chuck: Launch process: how did you get enough organizations interested?

Updates:

  • Top up / onramp within the app.

In Belgium only businesses can offramp.

Bottleneck is paying server costs. It will motivate people to use the app, but not sustainable.

Maybe it’s something we can offer to a community: we can get coinbase to sponsor your transactions on base.

Scott: Would love to discuss more strategic planning, fundraising.

Guil: excited to keep working on the design and see it live

Jonas: excited about the Woluwe project that will start this month, looking forward to work actively together on that. One question: create a budget to keep the project running going for the coming years?

Kevin: Moving to a new phase, less exploratory, we know more what we need to do

Good to meet new people that I wouldn’t have never met otherwise.

Chuck: Most of my work in Seed community and rainbow token. Excited to build a foreign exchange between community currencies. Interested to talk more about that.

2023

December 20

Present

  • Kevin
  • Xavier
  • Guil

Agenda

  • Needs of the community
  • NGI Sargasso application with SFLuv
  • GG19 Donations ~3k in total
  • New release
  • Design conversation
  • What’s next?

Notes

  • Need for invoicing
  • Still animosity towards card payments. But I don’t have cash. No card sign. 5 euros minimum. It’s not only about fees but also about surveillance.  
  • Time-banking (add a description to transactions)
  • Bridging / Safe Accounts / Offramping - massive pain point
  • Open Letter / digital public good that should be supported by the community but its not - how can CW help? - When Sign > Tip button that shows balance

jWoluwe decision next week

We spread a lot of seeds (grant applications). Now waiting for which ones will sprout next Spring.

Good to see the interface improvements.

New release: already live for web.

Has a community, we can change the owner of an account (and therefore recover). Not in the app.

EIP1271: implemented on the contract, but we need to add the integration in the app.

Community paymaster

Push notification per account

Need to decouple responsibility to write on the blockchain.

github.com/citizenwallet/app/releases/t… 

2 months of development, happy

December 13

Present

  • Kevin
  • Xavier
  • Aseem
  • Paul
  • Billy
  • Chuck Harrisson
  • Leen
  • Raynharr
  • Jonas

Agenda

  • Account Abstraction to vote in a DAO (Aseem)
  • Woluwe Coin, Brussels Pay (Jonas)
  • Offline transactions model (Kevin)
  • Polygon jokerace

Notes

Check in: what gives you hope?

People collaborating

Help local citizens shape the world around them. Urban regeneration, very community centric. Rebuilding democracy one community at a time.

NYTimes headline about phasing out fossil fuel. Hope that it’s moving in the right direction. Ironic it happened in an oil country.

Regens Unite (https://regensunite.earth), people meeting across different communities (web3, healers, …).

Chuck (Seattle). Involved with the SEEDS project and local currencies. Not really a software developper. Working on localscale, platform coop. Telos blockchain (not EVM compatible). How to do foreign exchange between communities.

People still building give me hope. See people focused and stay on track.

Kevin:

Upgrade of the user smart accounts.

One account per community.

Community level account recovery.

Seamless upgrade of your account.

Offline transactions where we generate out of order Userops.

Pushing boundaries of ease of use.

Private keys are authentication tokens, never leaves the device.

Local offline transaction scheme -- Triple Entry Accounting (TEA)

Aseem

People so far have been building offchain paymasters.

You delegate UNI to yourself or somebody else to be able to vote.

20-50% extra gas cost.

Jonas:

€25k budget for Woluwe project. Will find out early 2024.

Brussels Pay

Check out

  • Offline currencies
  • UX, Unlocked scenarios, how do we harness that technology
  • Happy to hear that it’s AA by default. It’s the baseline.
  • Open source world solves problems faster.
  • Cool to see a different usage of paymasters (onchain)
  • Phasing out fossil fuel and gas fees.

Paul: Enabling voting in a DAO with Account Abstraction is a priority for me next year.

December 6

Present

  • Kevin
  • Xavier
  • Guil
  • Nicolas
  • Jonas
  • Paul

Agenda

  • CELO
  • Zinne
  • New owner model
  • Design

Notes

Nicolas: What’s the flexibility, how to get started?

We received the $16k for milestone 2 from CELO

Migrating old accounts is adding a lot of complexity.

Moving to a model where accounts are owned by the community so that you can always recover. You trust the community anyway since they can change the supply of the token (and your account is only used for that token).

  • Add a new private key to an existing account as a recovery method

What kind of economy do we want? (That’s where Nicolas can help)

Maybe we could have a card to represent a community and then swipe between them.

Make it easy to switch communities, but once you are in a community, you are in an uncluttered environment.

Let’s focus on the one pager experience for a given community.

Don’t like the idea of showing the fiat equivalent. A local currency is not meant to be converted back to underlying peg.

Need for a reputation / governance token / NFTs.

https://www.calgarydollars.ca/ 

Local government is part of it, you can pay some taxes with it.

Surface volunteer work / contributions.

See also praise / time banks.

Like the idea of multiple tokens

Guil: excited to keep working on the design.

Kevin: Excited to finally release the new accounts, but also excited for the new design to make it

Xavier: Focus on a single community mode

Paul: People get it when they see the wallet. Excited about the time bank.

November 29

Present

  • Kevin
  • Xavier
  • Jonas (will be a bit later)
  • Pipo (Germany)
  • Guil

Agenda

  • Testing
  • Way to delete accounts from app?
  • Monerium already working?

Notes

Software engineer. Cancer research (to pay the bills).

Social media marketing, web2, web3. Looking for ways to contribute to use decentralized systems, web3 apps.

Need to fix the bug when you are in a different community.

Jonas: Brussels PAY project: requesting subsidy. TODO: Xavier to review.

We might need to add DDoS protection on the bundler (to avoid people creating thousands of new accounts and drain the paymaster). E.g. limit number of transactions per IP address.

Paul: ethereum-magicians.org/t/rip-7560-nativ… 

New wallet: https://daimo.com/ (USDC on Base)

Good talks to get a few donors ($10-15k each) to support sfluv.org

Admin Private key leaked for sfluv (fixed).

Need to keep github issues up to date to make it easy for new contributors to pick up something.

Account Abstractions needs to be a multisig.

November 22

Present

  • Kevin
  • Billy
  • Guil
  • Jonas
  • Xavier
  • Raynharr
  • Ben

Agenda

Notes

  • Guil is back after traveling a lot.
  • Need for building calls (rather than community calls)
  • Jonas:Woluwe project: waiting for tender to be released, innovation grant to explore, happy to test new features
  • Billy: thanksgiving week, fundraising mode for sfluv (how can we do that in a way that is sustainable for the underlying open source stack?).
  • Onramp/offramp very important (bank connection)
  • Very important to show a view of all the transactions in the community and the amount raised for the community, and how this can help the community regenerate.

App updates

  • Push notifications
  • Own paymaster
  • Make accounts upgradable

OpenAI:

How can we create a proper legal structure to support the work? Eg. Steward owned company

November 15

Present

  • Kevin
  • Xavier
  • Ryanharr

Agenda

  • Celo milestone 1

Notes

Importance to not use “crypto”. It scares people.

Could this be helpful for homeless people? Could we give them a card and laminated big QR code?

This could be interpreted differently by local shops who instead of seeing this as a way to be a good citizen, may see this as an attractor for homeless people.

It’s not only for homeless people but also street artists.

We reached the first milestone for the Celo grant:

Redeem voucher:

https://celoscan.io/tx/0x32e3e9de1e8fe400f8c2462dda24962e539eacf33a7fec4a6818b7ea0862e712

Send back from new account without CELO to pay for gas

celoscan.io/tx/0xa8d1056953a933b291ea2f…

Paymaster account:

celoscan.io/address/0x816727648fc1dd422…

Entry point used:

celoscan.io/address/0x3a851Eb4c4426e549…

Video: 

November 8

Present

  • Kevin
  • Xavier
  • Paul
  • Billy
  • Jonas

Notes

https://www.be-impact.org/impact-voucher

https://dao.brussels/zinne

celoscan.io/address/0x816727648fc1dd422…

November 1

Present

  • Kevin
  • Xavier

October 25th

Present

  • Kevin
  • Xavier
  • Guarrick
  • Ryanharr

October 18th

Present

  • Kevin
  • Xavier
  • Jonas
  • Paul
  • Garrick
  • Ryanharr

Notes

OAK: really hard to get local coffee shops to accept it. They already have a nice PoS (e.g. Square) with a nice interface to invite the customer to tip. Can’t compete with that.

October 11th

Present

  • Kevin
  • Xavier
  • Paul